Monday, February 28, 2011

50/365...Kitchen-Aid Joy

When we got married my grandma & grandpa gave us a Kitchen-Aid mixer as a wedding gift. I have to say that this tool is one of my right hand men in the kitchen. It is my best friend and a tool that I can't imagine being without. My mixer is a workhorse. It makes me happy just sitting on my counter, however it is stored in the pantry.(I don't like having too many things on my counter.)

I had thought about exchanging my mixer for a cobalt blue one when I first got it. I am glad I did not do that. White is classic and timeless. It the the color that my mothers 30+ year old Kitchen-aid is. I was a bit jealous of Pioneer Woman's giveaway a few weeks back. It was a beautiful yellow mixer with hot-pink vine flowers and white and orange scallops. Absolutely stunning and one of a kind. Did you know that now you can get a clear glass bowl on a Kitchen-Aid? I am sure one day I will have to get a new one. I think I will get red? Who knows...too many fun colors now to choose from. What color do you have or would you want?

Kitchen-Aid Joy.

3 comments:

jtibs said...

I have one now....thanks to you, actually. And while it probably doesn't get as much use as yours it has come in so very handy for making mass amounts of playdough for my class, and the occasional batch of cookies. If i had it to chose, I think I'd go with the colbalt blue.....I do kind of love my mom's Harvest Gold though so maybe I'd do a fun yellow.

Betsy said...

I really like our grey one - thanks to an awesome brother-in-law who gave us his!! David uses it all the time - I don't even know where the "on" switch is!

Sheri said...

If I ever get one I just have no idea what color to choose! It's part of why I don't have one yet. As you know, I don't bake much, but would I if I had a better mixer??? Hmmm....