Most little girls that I know love to play dress-up. Some of them will do this all day. In and out of one outfit to another. They love pretending to be a princess, a mermaid, a ballerina, or even a fairy. I think it is darling and wonderful for a child's imagination. Now I can honestly say that I have never really met many boys that play dress up. Maybe it is just because the clothes aren't as readily available for boys as they are for girls.
Kimball loves to play dress-up. I have gotten him a few things and he will get all geared up and play his role quite well. I think his favorite is definitely "Police Man Kimball." He even makes sure to go get on boots so that he can really get into character. I have also had many a ticket left on my car from him letting me know I was speeding! Some of his other characters have been a race car driver, construction worker, ninja, and doctor. Kimball has a wonderful imagination that I am amazed by. His dress-up play always makes me smile, and chuckle just a little!
Dress-Up Joy.
3 comments:
I love it, he's such a cute boy.
this is totally one of my simple life joys as well. when my dad was little he had an amazing collection of hats that he used to 'dress-up' with. thankfully we still have some of them around!
My Zach has always loved to dress up in random costumes. I love it when little boys do this. Zach is almost 8 and he still likes to play "army" or "swat team" or something to that effect.
I love Kimball's get up in this pic!
Post a Comment