Tuesday, June 2, 2009

1/2 A Decade

My baby turned 5 today!!! I can't even believe that it was 5 years ago today that we were fervently praying that Kimball's sweet birth mother wouldn't change her mind and decide to parent this precious boy on her own! Oh what an emotional few days that was, and what a roller coaster of joy the past 5 years has been. We are truly blessed to have this special child in our home to love, give hugs and kisses to, snuggle with, wrestle with, sing to, run after, be chased by, read stories to, go to the park with, and to experience things all over for the first time again.
Here's just a teeny, tiny, tinsy glimpse of 5 years of Kimball...
(and I basically mean minuscule)



The day he came home


He still to this day loves those 2 fingers!


I just love those cheeks
His 1st birthday!

This boy LOVES, LOVES, LOVES tractors!

Kimball Giorgis 2009

Happy Happy Birthday baby boy!!! I love you so much and am so grateful and happy to be your mommy. You are my little light and make me always want to be a better person!

11 comments:

Melyssa said...

It really has flown, hasn't it?!? I feel so privileged to have gotten to be there when he was sealed to you and Jadie. Our babies are sure growing up! I'm REALLY hoping Celeste and Kimball will bring our families together in the temple once again one day. ;)

I wish you'd come down here for a visit! I miss you!!!

lacey said...

Happy Birthday Kimball! He is so cute, I love all those pictures. I especially love the ones when he first came home, he is so sweet! And he keeps getting cuter and cuter!

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday Kimball! I sure love you and hope you have a special day!

Amber said...

You really do have such a cute boy! It was fun to see him play at the lake on Memorial Day. (Speaking of, I have a few pictures to send you of Kimball on the waterslide.)

Megan Bartlett said...

He is so stinkin adorable, Jennie! I love him! He really is so handsome. Happy belated birthday to him! It was fun seeing you guys in Costco the other day!

Lora said...

Oh, I just love this little guy. Those baby pictures are so cute. Thanks for sharing them with us. He bring such joy to our lives.

ali said...

I bet that time went quickly! What a cutie! It was fun to see the picture progression from birth!

Anonymous said...

They grow up so fast! It is bitter sweet. It was fun to see you guys on Sunday! I can't believe how tall Kimball is.

The Goffs said...

I LOVE all the photos...it makes you so sad they grow up so fast but what great memories you're making together, you love them so much...I can't stand it!! Are you coming here soon? And can you please pretend I exist and respond :)

Rapp Family said...

Wow!! 5 years! Kimball looks so grown-up. I absolutley LOVE your pictures Jenny. YOu are so talented. I wish I lived in Omaha so I could have you take our pictures. Keep them coming. I love looking at them. Take care!!

Lora said...

uhmmm...you haven't posted in forever. Even I have done a post more recently than you.