
Adoption has always been an open subject in our home. It hasn't been until just recently that I have actually started really trying to explain it all to Kimball in terms that I thought might actually interest him. For those of you who know my sweet and very energetic son get what I am talking about. So, a couple of weeks ago Kimball and I sat down and opened up his scrapbook to the pictures of the day he was born. I showed him pictures of his birthmother, pictures of daddy & mommy at the hospital, mommy feeding him his first bottle, his little footprints, and so on. We then had a little talk about how baby Kimball grew in his birthmother's tummy, but in his mommy's heart. I then continued to quiz him with "who's tummy did you grow in?" just to see if he got it. We finished the converstaion with details of bringing him home and all of those who were waiting to meet him.
It wasn't until late that night while I was tucking Kimball into bed that I realized that he got it. Usually as we pray Kimball adds in his bits and pieces that were significant to him throughout the day. This night, as I expressed my gratitude for a loving bithmother who gave us such a sweet little boy, I was interupped by that sweet little boy wanting to add...."and thank you for Leslie's tummy" I melted... and hugged him just a little longer and a little tighter that night!
17 comments:
How sweet. That picture is so cute too!
What a special memory!
i love how open and honest adoptions have become. what a cute story!
and about the actions....i am glad you love them. you can pay me in over-the-phone advice! how's that?
Okay Jen that is seriously the sweetest thing. Thank goodness for those brave girls that choose to place their babies with such great families like you and jadie. And hopefully soon, you'll have another addition.
Children are able to sense and feel the spirit more than they understand it. Kimball's bright spirit brings such joy to all who know him. I am grateful for his birthmother too.
Sounds like a deal Ali, anytime!!!
He really is a sweet little boy and at those moments they are the most perfect.
Another day that will stay in your mind as a special one to remember! Very sweet - thanks for sharing.
What a special and sweet story. It truly is amazing how much children really can understand. Thanks for sharing with us!
So sweet! It's moments like that when it makes it all wroth it.
So excited for your adoption news! I'm glad all is well. You have such a beautiful family,
That is so freaking adorable! What a sweetheart you have!
To answer your question on my blog...I DID hear about the whole "Midnight Sun" fiasco. What a mess! I haven't been able to read anything but the first chapter...I need to download Adobe Reader to read it...I'm lazy! Did you like it?
love that sweet boy! And, that picture melted my heart right alongside Kimball's cute words.
OH - that is so sweet. He is so blessed to have you as his parents forever. I always forget he is adopted - he is SO Jadie and Jen.
Hey Jenny, that would be fine with me if you wanted to put Makenna's picture on your website. I'll be excited to see it!
that is the sweetest story! thank you so much for sharing with all of us! i think some of my most favorite times are when evie prays, because they are so open and honest!
That is the sweetest story!! I bet you are very grateful for Leslie's tummy every day.
Post a Comment