Friday, April 11, 2008

Childrens Books

For as long as I can remember, I have had a love for childrens books! I dreamed about one day opening up a little Childrens Bookstore so that I could feed my habit of buying any book I wanted and not feeling guilty. I basically wanted Meg Ryan's store in 'You've Got Mail' (Ahhhhhhh). Anyways, back to reality here, I started my collection long before I had a child and I am still a pushover for a great story and beautiful illustrations. Some of the books that are our favorites right now (in order) are:
#1) Bad Dog, Marley
by John Grogan
#2.) My Life as a Chicken
by Ellen A. Kelley
#3.) Green Eggs and Ham
by Dr. Seuss
( This is a Jadie & Kimball bonding book!)

Now I want to know what all of you are reading and what some of your favorites are. It's your turn. What are you reading to all of your little ones?!

7 comments:

Soelbergs said...

My grandma always loved childrens books too. She instilled it in me. She would send us and my girls books for every holiday and birthday. Now that she's gone, I feel it my responsibility to keep up the tradition so my children will love them too. We love the "the napping house," "fancy nancy" (of course) "ballet sisters," "Good night moon," "The goodnight book" and "The good morning book" anything dr. Sues or Berenstein bears, "Cordoroy," "Bark George," "Little Racoons Big Question," "The Humbug Rabbit" by Lorna Balain. She is one of my favorite children's authors. She has a book for almost every season or holiday. Thanks for this post. I hope more people respond so I can get more ideas.

tarable said...

Hey Jen, it took me a few seconds to realize who you were and why you acted like you know me. I'm so glad you commented - your family was always very sweet to me. I'm curious as to how you found me. I'm always amazed at the people I find just by checking people's blogrolls. I still talk to Jonathan once every year or two and had heard you had a little boy. He is very cute, and I know all about cute boys! Good luck with the adoption thing and I hope you check out my blog again. I actually have another one too, for more girly kinds of stuff, rather than family. http://www.tarathinks.blogspot.com/

Emily said...

Andrew loves Quiet/Loud - very helpful since he's turned into a screamer, and Goodnight Gorilla - he laughs every time I open the page to where the gorilla is sneaking back into the house

TR said...

Savanna loves the Grimms Brothers classic version of Snow White, and the If You Give A Moose A Muffin series. Isaac loves any book about dinosaurs, all the board books about animals, and The Very Hungry Caterpillar. ANother one we all like is a classic called "It Could Always Be Worse" written by a Jewish woman in the 1970's. I'll send you her name if you're interested.

Rick & Diana said...

Okay Jen, I too am a sucker for good childrens books. Ian loves "Bad Kitty" and "Poor Puppy", We have read it so many times Ian will quote it while I read. Now that I have older boys I am finding great older chapter books too.
-Diana

Laurie said...

Jen, I love this post. And, I need to think more about our fav's, because we love so many children's books. Currently, Curious George is read over and over in our home. Just like Avery, when I was little I liked Curious George. He's a classic little monkey.

ali said...

oh. ask troy...i am a book hoarder. I love children's books and started collecting them when I taught school. Now i have a pretty decent library full and a son who doesn't sit for more that a second to read them. so sad. hopefully he will one day appreciate fine literature.