Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Warning, Warning, Warning

: For any of you who may have weak stomachs you just may want to pass up looking at this particular post. (now you can't tell me that you were not WARNED)

So, while we were in Sioux Falls visiting my new little nephew, we of course decided to go to Target. While we were there Kimball and I had a little conversation that went something like this.........


Kimball: Mommy, my tummies hurts.

Me: Oh I'm sorry.

Kimball: Mommy, my tummy really really hurts.

Me: Do you need to go to the bathroom and sit for a minute?

Kimball: No, don't have to go poo-poo.

Me: Well, you'll be fine then, tell me if you want to go to the bathroom and we will go.

Kimball: BLAHHHHHHHH


Right there in the middle of the isle my son lost his cookies and I almost followed suit. It splattered everywhere. It got all over a toy he was holding, the cart, the merchandise. I felt so bad for him and for the guys that had to come and clean it up. Not to mention they thought I was completely off my rocker for wanting to take a picture of it all. I told them I just couldn't resist and had to put it on my blog. Now I want to hear from all of you where the most inconnvient place has been your children have thrown up.

My poor son stripped down to his skivies in Target. I just wish he weren't so friendly. He let everyone know that he had just thrown up and was now in his underwear. We went and bought some new clothes.


Some of the damage.

7 comments:

ali said...

what I love is that you were actually documenting this play-by-play. Now that's a die hard blogger!

I dread the day of barfing kids!

Rick & Diana said...

Oksy Ian is the only one that puked in public and it was at Walgreens all over the floor. I know that no amount of "I'm sorrys" seem to help when a worker has to clean up your childs vomit!
But just think now you have pictures to remember it always!

Jenee Zirker said...

Uug I think I'm going to throw up. So that is what he was talking about the other day. Can't say that we have had experience with public puke but we've definately had our share at home (me being the main target) Glad you survived

Sheri said...

When Bryce was 2 1/2 and had fallen asleep in his carseat and suddenly said, "Oh no" and blecht - all over. It was terrible, and because we were living downtown my car was parked across the street from our apartment and I had to carry my naked child in one arm and disgusting clothes all the way to my apt on the top floor of the building on the far end from the elevator, and then I couldn't go back down to clean the car up so the puked baked in the car until Derek could come help hours later. Yummmm.

Lora said...

Wow, That picture is gross. I have been lucky in the public puking department. No, reports so far. Oh the joys of being a mom.

TR said...

I was at Bath & Body Works and let my kids try some sample lotion. Isaac then put his hand in his mouth and promptly started gagging to get the lotion out of his mouth. He then threw up ALL over me, down my shirt, on his shirt, and all over the floor. Lovely. He has also thrown up at the Mayan restaurant; it got on the table, floor, clothes, high chair, etc. I think it's a boy thing bc such an incident has never happened w/ Savanna

Mercy said...

The night of the trunk-or-treat our first Halloween in our brand new house in Oswego and Matthew had just thrown up in the upstairs hallway which is actually very wide for a hallway...just moments after I finished cleaning it up and spraying Febreeze all over, he threw up all over again in the same exact place...just three feet from the tile bathroom floor. It was then that we instilled in our kids the importance of vomiting anywhere but the carpet...couch, blankets, bed...I don't care...as long as I don't have to scrub it out of the ever too light colored beige carpet!!!