Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Another Reason I Love This Stuff


For those of you who know me, you also know that I LOVE my Diet Pepsi. It really is a relationship that I would like to be involved in for many years to come. For the most part my husband is okay with this. Every once in a while he will request me taking a little break or at least cutting back for a little while. I genuinely try, but find myself ever so longing for that full glass of ice (has to be all the way to the top), and that magnificent carbonated beverage poured ever so slowly against the side of the glass, so not to produce too much foam and take away the carbonation. Then Ahhhhhhh.............. pure bliss.
Anyway, I have been a bit under the weather with a little cough and cold. My husband has dropped a few subtle hints that he would like me to maybe drink a little water and flush out all the junk. I have tried to do as asked and only had one Diet Pepsi yesterday. Well, last night when it was time to go to bed I got a horrible coughing spell, and I mean horrible. I decided I better not disturb Jadie because he does have to get up and go to work, so I decided to go downstairs. I took some cough medicine, sucked on cough drops, ate some crackers, and even tried some water. All of course to no avail. At this point I was so tired, and sore from coughing that I decidied to wake up Jadie. I just didn't know what else to do. Guess what he suggested??? That is right, believe it or not he offered to go and make me a Diet Pepsi. I sat in my bed, with 2 things I love, and finally at 4:30 this morning I could sleep! Who Knew???

7 comments:

Betsy said...

You are SO funny - I love it! I am the same way with my Coke! I have had the flu since last Wednesday - all I have wanted is Coke. I swear it makes me feel better. My husband has also repeatedly suggested I drink some water. I'm sure he's probably right - but I just feel happier with the Coke!

Emily said...

That is so cute of Jadie. I loved the way you described the Diet Pepsi in full detail. I don't even like it and I wanted one!!

Mercy said...

Mike has been going through the same thing to me - he only drinks soda when he takes "sips" of mine - he says it's not only better for me to drink water but points out what else I could spend that money on! Men - sure love them, and it's a good thing!

Laurie said...

I too, have a love of diet pepsi. I happen to be a big fan of diet cherry pepsi. I am sorry you are not feeling well. Please let me know if I can do anything for ya.

Rick & Diana said...

Jenn-I know that love of the Diet Pepsi!! It cures all. It is especially sad when I can drink a 20 oz at 9:30 pm and still fall fast asleep at 10:30!!!
-Diana

Lora said...

That was so funny. You do love your Diet Pepsi. I am right there with ya. Now that it cured you, Jadie is never going to have a good reason for you not to drink it. Your blog is so cute.

ali said...

oh. I have a similar relationship with Diet Coke. I was laughing about the ice all the way to the top, because when your parents came to visit, I poured your mom some diet soda of some kind and you could tell she was disappointed with my ice allotment. I learned quickly that it has to be filled to the top!